Thursday, July 21, 2005

Introduction to the Biblical Therapy Blog

I am a licensed mental health therapist, as well as a dedicated Christian. As a Christian Therapist, I am hoping to post some of my thoughts and results of study here to both edify anyone interested, as well as invite thoughts and criticisms by the readers. My ultimate goal is, as always, to glorify and serve God and Jesus Christ, and I pray that nothing I say here will dishonor or do any disservice to my Lord. A secondary goal is to get feedback of some of my thoughts in a forum that is totally open and honest, where I know that hurting my feelings will not be a limiting factor in the dialogue, in the hope that it will enhance and strengthen my ability to serve my clients in a more biblical and helpful way.

I will not spend much time here with specifics, but I want to state that the foundation of my therapy is the Holy Bible as studied by the Evangelical Christian community. My Bible-of-choice is the New American Standard Bible (NASB). Where my quotes come from some other source, I will specify.

I believe that the Holy Bible is, in addition to many other things, the literal inspired word of God and as such, is the best Mental Health textbook on the face of the planet. No other book offers the ultimate joy, peace, relief from and answers to life's difficulties as does this holy book. As a result, my posts here will tend to be topical, pointing the reader to those passages of the bible where they can see where God has addressed the issue. Although my high-level emphasis will be topical, my lower-level emphasis is highly contextual and exegetical. I will be publishing my thoughts with all of the depth into the Greek and Hebrew language and culture I believe is necessary to fully explain what I believe is God's intention for our lives.

Please understand that this is a blog. Do not take anything I say as "Gospel." Be a good Berean and look it all up and decide for yourself if I'm right and if it's helpful to you in your situation. Whether it is or not, please post the results of your own studying and any additional thoughts you might have. I invite you the keep me honest and informed.

I also wanted to add that my postings are offered with the assumption that the reader is a born-again Christian who believes that God has the answers if you just know where to look. My prayer is to help you find those answers.

God bless, and happy studying!

BTW - If you believe you might need therapy, please do so. Never, ever, use what I say here as a substitute of any kind for true face-to-face therapy, or as a replacement for what your therapist tells you. There is no substitute for a personal, therapeutic relationship.

Also BTW - It is not my intention on this site to enter into dialogue relating to the existence of God, the inspired nature of the Bible, nor the reality of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. There are many sites relating to apologetics, and I invite anyone interested in that topic to visit them.

Index to Posts

5 Comments:

At July 21, 2005 5:55 PM, Blogger Trail Rider said...

I will be awating your writtings...

Be blessed sis

 
At July 21, 2005 6:51 PM, Blogger Claire said...

I was happy to stumble across your blog and am intrigued...I am a Christian as well and look forward to returning to your blog...

 
At July 21, 2005 7:13 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Thank you both for your encouragement. I'm very excited about having a place where I can express my love for the Lord, and where I can allow others to benefit from the passion for His Word He's given me. I am so very honored and humbled that He has given me the Bible as my frontier for exploration. I've never had more fun. I pray you all are blessed by this as I am.

 
At April 25, 2006 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you are the pastor of a church it is difficult to find someone to help you with your issues. And yes, pastors have issues too. Blogging has been an excellent form of therapy for me. Enjoyed your post on the Greek language. God bless you and your blogging.

 
At December 07, 2007 4:16 PM, Blogger kim said...

What a wonderful approach to healing. I have known you a long time and you have helped me down many dark paths. Thank you for the love and dedication you give to others

 

Post a Comment

<< Home