Sunday, September 04, 2005

Katrina

I feel a need to post my horror at the tragedy we're dealing with as a nation in the south. On a personal note, I have much family in the direct line of fire, so this has affected me in a terribly personal way. Three of my family members' homes are completely gone, along with most of their personal possessions, and two others had major damage to theirs'. But that's the good news. In addition to that, we have three family members, ages 6, 8, and 15, along with their mother and half-brother, missing in New Orleans. I share this with my readers because I consider you friends and brothers and sisters in Christ. I am asking for prayer that my family members, as well as everyone in that area, can put their lives back together again, and especially that the ones lost in New Orleans are found safe. God bless you all.

5 Comments:

At September 06, 2005 10:40 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Sue, that was a good study in The Way Out. I especially like the word play.

About your loved ones. I pray you have found them! I know what it was like when we could not find my teenage daughter one night, but I do not know what it would be like to have loved ones missing for days!

I have loved ones down on the coast as well and they are all okay physically. I think there will be much to get over, though, and it will be deeply felt for years to come.

 
At September 07, 2005 8:09 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Thanks, Gina. He is truly the Way out and the Way in. And thanks for your prayers about my relatives in New Orleans. Still no word on them, so we keep praying. I know my nephew is frantic - on top of trying to deal with him and his in-home family being homeless, too. It can be too much. I pray he turns to the Lord for strength.

 
At September 14, 2005 7:37 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Update - Praise God, they've been found in a shelter! All are okay except the youngest one has a staff infection in his chest and has been hospitalized for it, but they expect him to recover. God bless all of you who prayed for them. Sue

 
At November 04, 2005 3:54 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm glad your family is safe. We live in Metairie, just outside of New Orleans. We didn't lose any family either, but we know a lot of families who lost all their possessions. It's very sobering; I keep wondering how I'd react.

One of the youth in my church (which was destroyed) whose home was seriously damaged made this video about Katrina that really encouraged me and reminded me of God's mercy in the midst of all this destruction.

 
At November 05, 2005 7:35 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Thanks for your comments, Laura, and also for the link. It's truly a fabulous video, and I'd highly recommend anyone visiting here to check it out. This young man has a great future in video-making. Thanks!

Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home